I love me a good snowy winter and the fun and stylish pieces you can wear during the cold weather months — including this Ecru suede, knit and fur jacket I picked up at the Old Town Boutique District Warehouse Sale a few weeks ago here in Alexandria from local shop Coco Blanca.
However, this post isn’t just about this undeniably stunning jacket. No. It’s about the quality and the depth of it.
I mentioned previously about working on transitioning my wardrobe to include better quality pieces that can take me from season to season without looking worn out and outdated.
I’m tired of having to re-buy (and waste money) clothing that lose their shape, are worn out after a few washes and when the fabrics don’t iron well. I no longer long for a massive wardrobe — I now want an amazing and sophisticated wardrobe that I have personally procured to be in my life.
This is something I’ve been working on for the past year. It’s been slooooow for financial reasons, but oh- so-worth-it.
My first high-quality purchase of 2015 was this jacket, costing me $125 (down from $250 or so.) Let me tell you, this jacket feels like nothing I’ve worn before — when I tried it on I gasped and let out an “Oh… wow!”
Yes. The experience was that good.
My mission is to end the “disposable” clothing trend I’ve had going for over a decade and focus on pieces that will stay with me for the long haul. I’m nearly 40 and my wardrobe needs to be on another level.
Here are 7 reasons to transition your wardrobe from disposable to high-quality:
1. Your clothing begins to actually mean something to you
2. High quality clothing is made with care and attention to detail
3. Because they are made with care, it means they are going to last
4. You R-E-S-P-E-C-T your clothes: I wouldn’t dare leave this thrown on a chair or piled in the hamper
5. Take it slow: I don’t have the money to buy it all now, but I’m making it a priority over the next years
6. You save money in the long run not having to re-shop the same stuff over and over
7. Knowing what you want will prevent you from buying the ‘hot right now’ items on impulse
Any other reasons you want to add?