This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Latina Bloggers Connect and Amway. Story of entrepreneurship and experiences are my own.
“What do you do?” asked the realtor showing me the house we were hoping to rent. Looking in at the shiny new kitchen and running my hand over the counter top, I automatically responded with “PR.”
Then I looked up and followed with “Oh and… a blogger. And freelance writer — I write for online publications. And I consult, you know, with brands and businesses in the area. And social media.”
Looking at me, she said “So have your own business?”
“Yes” I said with a huge smile while grinning at my husband, “I work for myself.” I am my own boss.
And believe it or not that was an AHA! moment for me, realizing that I am in fact my own boss. I set my schedule, manage my work load, decided what work to take or pass on. Yes some days I want to thrown in the towel — but I haven’t and I won’t. I’ve gained momentum and there is only one way to go and that is ¡adelante! Forward!
Obviously, there are a variety of ways you can work for yourself aside from blogging and consulting — Amway offers people the opportunity to start their own business and be their own boss selling top quality products ranging from beauty products (which you may have seen on VBM here and here), vitamins, bath/body, at home and more.
Here are 10 reasons why I like being my own boss — I’m sure many of you can relate
1. I can work on projects that I choose, that I propose, that I create. No more dreading my work!
2. I get up with my kids, we have breakfast together, I take my son to school and I am home every night for dinner and goodnight.
3. If I want to pop out for lunch with a friend, I can! I just re-arrange my work schedule for before or after.
4. As a blogger and freelance writer I can take my work with me — I don’t have to be seated at a desk all day.
5. Often I take the day off and work at night in my jammies.
6. Naps. If I need one, I can take one!
7. Endless amounts of free coffee and milk — well I bought it, but you know what I mean!
8. Since working for myself, my time management skills have massively improved and I have learned to make the most of every minute.
9. I get to write about and photograph things I love, such as my children, sparkly shoes and makeup! (just to name a few)
10. Finally, I can make my own mistakes, learn from them and start again — and get to it!
In celebration of being our own bosses Amway is giving one reader a basket including Nutrilite FV&GO, Men’s and Women’s pack, Perfect Pack, Artistry Youth Xtend collection, Artistry Light Up lip gloss, Artistry liquid eyeliner, Legacy of Clean LOC wipes and LOC SA8 (Retail value $710.00).