Last week we embarked on our very first road trip — with two kids, a bag full of string cheese, juice boxes and endless amounts of toys and books.
After getting our car sorted thanks to Ford, (more on that!) and figuring out just what we’d do, it was time to pack. For the kids, I took about 4 of everything, however I didn’t stress too much because we’d have time to do laundry and have clean undies for the trip back.
However, I wanted to keep my packing simple and light — most of our stops would be at amusement parks, farms, or with family in a laid back atmosphere and there was one piece of clothing that was perfect for those and stylish enough for our last stop in the Big Apple…
Camo pants are PERFECT for road trips or vacation with kids — here are five reasons you should consider adding some military style to your look:
1. You look effortlessly rock n’ roll in camo pants, even if you are wearing a simple (even dirty) t-shirt and flip flops. Throw on shades and watch out world!
2. You can wear them over and over without having to wash them. Hence the name CAMO. Spillage? Snot? Ketchup stain? No problem, you can’t see it.
3. You command attention from others — mostly because they are not expecting a mama to be so bad-ass. Oh yeahhhh!
4. Your kids think you are super cool. My son has camo shoes and he is still at an age where he likes to match and I’m taking full advantage!
5. You can dress camo pants up or down — t-shirts, dressy tops (as seen above), with sneakers, sandals, flip flops or mix patterns by wearing them with stripes!
BONUS: Rambo has nothing on us!
Your host for this week is Thrifty and Chic Mom
This post is about real mamas who have real style. While we all fall into the jeans and t-shirt rut we are encouraging our fellow moms to take the time to dress their best and rock it like the rock star moms they are!
Did you look especially good this week, were the other moms at the playground complimenting your outfit?
Share the look that worked for both potty training, the playground and coffee with a friend and let’s inspire each other with some real mom fashion! This linky is hosted by Momma in Flip Flops and Very Busy Mama.